Our Art Space
Want to Exhibit Art?
Art Exhibition Program Introduction
The West Bend Community Memorial Library Art Exhibition Program shall be comprised of works that align with the Library’s mission and collections are timely and relevant to the West Bend Community, and that have high artistic merit. Exhibitions will focus on themes that have a broad appeal to a diverse and intergenerational audience, with a priority to exhibiting the work of regional contemporary artists and collections.
Organizational Structure: Art Exhibit Committee
The Art Exhibit Committee will provide consistent oversight and policy guidance for the Art Exhibition and Display Program, as well as make recommendations for accepting artist submissions. The committee will be comprised of a minimum of 3 members, including the Library Director and Head of Reference.
Purpose: The purpose of the Art Exhibition Committee is to provide consistent oversight, policy guidance, and programming decisions for exhibitions at the West Bend Community Memorial Library Responsibilities: The Art Exhibit Committee will:
- Review and approve procedures related to Library art exhibitions
- Review artist submissions and recommend exhibition programming
- Resolve inquiries and comments involving library art
The Art Exhibition Committee will be responsible for all decisions on whether or not to exhibit artwork at the West Bend Community Memorial Library. Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Intent: Artists’ submissions will be considered on thematic content, with particular attention paid to relevance to the West Bend Community Memorial Library mission, community engagement, and library collections
- Quality: The inherit quality and authenticity of the work
- Media: Some visual media may be subject to limitations of the facility
- Merit: Selection will consider the artist’s resume, CV or exhibition history, however, all new and emerging artists are encouraged to submit their work for consideration
- Condition: The artwork must be in good condition and be prepared for installation.
Exhibitors must submit an application. Completed applications should be submitted to the Head of Reference at firstname.lastname@example.org or returned to the West Bend Community Memorial Library. Original artwork delivered to the Library will not be considered.
All applications must include:
- Full name of artist
- Email address
- Phone number
- Artist statement (500 words or less)
- Resume, CV, or exhibition history
- Digital images of artwork to be displayed .jpeg format at 300 dpi resolution (if application is hand delivered, provide digital files on a jump drive) with dimensions of original pieces
Exhibitors who have been selected may display work at the West Bend Community Memorial Library a maximum of once every two years.
The West Bend Community Memorial Library will not insure the artwork as outlined in the Library Displays Policy for the full duration of the loan.
Artwork acquired outside of this process through any other means may not be exhibited.
Think books are awesome? Think we are awesome? Donate today to keep the party going!