Work with Us!
Current Job Opportunities
One (1) Part-Time Positions available
The City of West Bend is accepting applications for a circulation assistant for 20.5 hours per week. The position is located at West Bend Community Memorial Library.
Circulation Assistant Hours:
- Mondays: 9 am – 1 pm
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays: 5 pm – 9 pm
- Friday and Saturday shifts rotate between:
- Friday: 9 am - 1:30 pm
- Friday: 1:30 pm - 6 pm
- Saturday: 8:45 am – 1:15 pm
Training schedule may vary from regular hours.
Duties include: checking library material out to patrons, registering patrons for library cards, checking returned items in, sorting and filing materials, answering telephone calls, pulling holds, and customer service.
Must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma, be able to pass a background check and drug screening. Starting wage is $9.50/hr. Position is open until filled. Preference will be given to applicants who apply by January 15, 2021. An application is required and available on the City of West Bend website or at:
City of West Bend
1115 S. Main Street
West Bend, WI 53095
The position is open until filled. A completed application is required and available by proceeding to our website at www.ci.west-bend.wi.us and clicking on the "Human Resources" tab (under Departments) and then choosing "Online Application". You can also click here.
One (1) Part-Time position available
The West Bend Community Memorial Library has one (1) open position for a part time Custodian. This position will be 25 hours per week.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Cleaning of restrooms, meeting rooms, study rooms, shelves, tables, computer equipment, and glass around the library
- Emptying garbage cans and recycle bins
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping of library floors
- Dusting of library furniture
- Salting during winter months as needed
- Set up of tables and chairs before and after events
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High School Diploma
- Basic knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies
- Basic knowledge of proper cleaning techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to customer service
- Enthusiasm and flexibility a plus
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
The positions are open until filled. A completed application is required and available by proceeding to our website at www.ci.west-bend.wi.us and clicking on the "Human Resources" tab (under Departments) and then choosing "Online Application". You can also click here.
Job Type: 1 position, Part-Time
Hours will be 5:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., with occasional Saturday hours
These positions offer retirement benefits (WRS pension), life insurance and vacation. No other benefits are associated with this position.
Pay: $10.00 - $10.25 per hour