Message From the Director
While the COVID-19 situation is disrupting daily life, we need to work together to limit the spread. Following the guidelines from the CDC, the Governor’s Office, and our municipality, the West Bend Community Memorial Library will be closed to the public from March 18, 2020 until further notice.
The library will do its best to be available by phone and email Monday through Friday during the hours of 9am to 5pm for questions.
As a public space, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials.
As patrons, you can continue to support the Library by following us on social media and accessing the Library’s website for online resources. The Library will do its best to offer technology support and access to e-Resources such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and online educational and information databases during this time.
Thank you for working with us to keep the Library a healthy environment.
Amy M. Salminen
What can we do?
Watch this space for more information.
- Due dates will be extended through May 1 [current as of March 18]
- If you would like to return materials while we are closed, please use the book and media drops on the north side of the building (off Walnut Street).
- Check out this blog post from last week with good sources of information, what to do to keep yourself safe, and to learn more about our online (germ- and virus-free!) collections.
- Visit this blog post for more social distancing entertainment options.
- Currently held items will be available for pickup after we reopen.
- Newly placed holds will be suspended until we reopen.
- Staff will be available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. to provide phone and email support. Call us at 262-335-5151, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- View your account details using the Monarch2Go app (linked on our homepage), or the Monarch Catalog
- Online material including ebooks, eaudiobooks, digital magazines, online courses, databases, and more are available for free with your library card! Learn more here.