- programs (12)
- audiobooks (6)
- books and more (43)
- children (6)
- community (11)
- customers (13)
- ebooks (9)
- events (12)
EDITED MARCH 19: THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN UPDATED. See this post for more current information.
FROM THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR:
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns and recommendations by state and county health organizations to practice social distancing, all library programs and meeting room bookings at the West Bend Community Memorial Library (WBCML) are cancelled until April 13, 2020 or until further notice. WBCML and the City of West Bend are doing the very best to manage operating public services while keeping everyone safe. While the COVID-19 situation is disrupting daily life, we need to work together to limit the spread.
The goal of the WBCML is to remain open during the school quarantine and WBCML is implementing safe distance procedures starting Monday, March 16th. Safe distance procedures are to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and avoid shutting down services for healthy citizens.
WBCML understands there are homes in our area that do not have internet access. Our top priority is for those who need to study or work remotely and for healthy citizens to have library access.
The Monarch Library System will be providing delivery so please continue to place holds and order materials. Please do call ahead and our librarians will be happy to assist with any questions about title availability.
Groups of youth will not be allowed to hang out at the library or be dropped off for pseudo daycare services during the school quarantine. Please stay home.
For the safety and wellbeing of people visiting the WBCML, staff have the right to turn away those who do not comply. This means that if a citizen is showing flu like symptoms, they will be asked to leave.
Citizens who try to go around these rules and/or challenge these decisions will be asked to leave and not allowed back inside the facility until after the school quarantine has expired.
Please keep in mind that visiting WBCML or other public spaces is a decision that should be made based on the needs of you and your family. We are continually working with maintenance staff to clean surfaces regularly. However, as a public space, WBCML cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials.
We appreciate your support and patience as we continue to evaluate and monitor the situation and make changes accordingly.
Amy M. Salminen
Social Distancing will include:
- Areas have been measured to allow for the CDC’s recommended 6ft distance. It will be ONE PERSON, PER WORK at a time. We are encouraging independent work, study and browsing. Small group meetings of two or more people will not be allowed. Siblings should not expect to be allowed to sit together and work. Nor should you expect to be hanging out with a friend to study or work. We are asking citizens not congregate in areas if you happen to run into your neighbor or friend while visiting the library. For the safety of everyone’s health, please keep things moving while inside the building.
- Cancellation of library sponsored programs and activities: All scheduled programming and meetings sponsored by WBCML have been cancelled through April 13th.
- Cancellation of organized meeting reservations by citizens: Meetings that have been booked by private citizens, organizations and associations have been cancelled through April 13th.
- Toys in the children’s area – On Monday, March 16th staff temporarily suspended use of the children’s Lego and train table, put away all stuffed animals and cleared off all extra, hand held toys from the youth services desk.
- Family Groups who choose to make a visit to the library - Staff will handle these situations on a case by case basis and may limit how many people can be in the library at one time browsing for materials and picking up holds. Please do not plan a library outing during the school quarantine for your family.
- Groups of youth: Please stay home under the school quarantine and plan to make library visits independently of friends. Youth will not be allowed in WBCML simply to hang out with each other.