Contact Nancy Larson at email@example.com or by phone at: 262-335-5151, ext. 5241.
Residents of Washington County, of any age, who are confined to their home or institution for any reason, (permanent or temporary) are eligible for Outreach Services.
If you are unable to visit the library because of physical limits or special needs, the library will deliver materials to you. An appointment will be made for the Outreach Librarian to visit your home and arrange a flexible schedule for her to deliver and pick up materials from the West Bend Library.
Click here to view our Homebound Delivery policy.
Click here to view, download, and/or print the application for Homebound Delivery services.
Assisted Living and Extended Care Facilities
We offer these same services to people who reside in assisted living residences or in limited and extended care facilities. The Outreach Services Librarian also works with activity directors and therapists to provide materials that will assist them with their programming for residents.
What Materials are Available?
We have books, magazines, and large print materials, both fiction and non-fiction. Books on cassette and CD, where the book is narrated and played on a standard cassette or CD player. And current entertainment music and videos as well as musicals and classics! We also have Bi-Folkal Kits that contain audiovisual materials on many different topics including holidays and vintage classics.
- AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that empowers people to choose how they live as they age.
- Alzheimer’s Association offers information on Alzheimer's disease and dementia symptoms, diagnosis, stages, treatment, care and support resources.
- Assisted Living Directory is a comprehensive site offering free information for seniors and caregivers on assisted living information, services, and senior living facilities near you.
- Lending Tree is a leading online loan marketplace with one of the largest networks of lenders in the nation.
- Justice in Aging is a national organization that uses the power of law to fight senior poverty by securing access to affordable health care, economic security, and more.
- Retirement Living Information Center is a site that helps seniors (and their adult children) search for retirement communities and senior housing that will meet their needs.
- Senior.com is a site that offers products that are of use to seniors.
- Senior Women Web
- Social Security Administration is the official website of the Social Security Administration.
- Third Age is a health and wellness site for women of all ages and their families.
- Volunteer Center of Washington County is a great place to start if you are looking to volunteer in the Washington County area.
Library Service for the Homebound and Special Needs Residents of Washington County sponsored by:
From our door to yours!
For more information or to start service, please contact:
262-335-5151 x 5241
Think books are awesome? Think we are awesome? Donate today to keep the party going!