Online Resources & Databases
Ebooks and More!
Libby, by Overdrive app:
Download ebooks and audiobooks to your smartphone or tablet with the Libby, by Overdrive app! Get your Libby app here!
Did you know that you can download magazines to your phone or tablet with RBdigital magazines? RBdigital Magazines, the world's largest newsstand, offers full-color digital magazines for anytime, anywhere reading on mobile devices, and apps. Your library's collection of popular digital magazines includes both new and backlist titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limits. Get access to rbDigital here!
- Online reading: Instantly read all current and backlist magazines on desktop and mobile browsers.
- Mobile apps: Download and read magazines on 95% of today's mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- Backlist: Grow your collection and build a digital backlist for anytime checkout and reading.
- Easy browsing and checkout: Browse your library's collection by newest issue, keyword search, genre and language to find your favorites and to discover new reading interests.
- Two ways to read: Check out magazines and read them instantly on your desktop or mobile browser — or check out and download magazines through the app.
- Helpful notifications: Sign up for weekly email reminders about your favorite magazines.
- No limit and permanent checkout: Check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account as long as you wish.
WISCAT is provided by the Department of Public Instruction. Discover books, music, movies, magazines and more in Wisconsin libraries when you can't find them in the Monarch Catalog! To request materials in WISCAT, contact the Reference Desk at 262-335-5152 or stop by the library. Click here to search WISCAT.
AtoZdatabases offers 30 million business and executives’ profiles, 220 million residents, 1.1 million healthcare professionals, 2 million new businesses, 2.3 million live job listings, interview tips, resume templates, background and criminal search results, and much more! Searches can be done using various selects in the wide variety of offered databases. For instance, in the 220 million residents’ database the user can search using interests, hobbies, and lifestyles of people. The database is ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, marketing research, employment opportunities, background and criminal searching, finding friends and relatives and much more!
Ancestry Library Edition:
With more than 1.5 billion names in over 4,000 databases, Ancestry Library Edition includes records from the United States Census; military records; court, land and probate records; vital and church records; directories; and passenger lists. (In Library Use Only)
BadgerLink is supported by the Department of Public Instruction to provide Wisconsin residents access to quality online information in cooperation with the state’s library community.
- Access Newspaper ARCHIVE: Searchable newspaper pages, dating as far back as the 1700s. Pages are presented in PDF format preserving original context and format of content.
- Automate by EbscoHost - The product includes service and repair procedures, wiring diagrams, technical service bulletins and recalls, maintenance schedules, specifications, diagnostic trouble codes, labor estimates, parts pricing, and component locations – everything needed to keep your vehicle running smoothly. Provided as part of Wisconsin's BadgerLink program.
- Business Source Premier
- Consumer Health Complete
- Student Research Center
- TeachingBooks: provides original, in studio movies of authors and illustrators, audio excerpts of book readings, guides to thousands of titles and multimedia resources on children's and young adult literature.
ChiltonLibrary.com represents the most authoritative automotive repair information available to car owners. There are thousands of year, make and model combinations covering the most popular vehicles of the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models. ChiltonLibrary.com gives you the confidence to service or repair virtually any system on your vehicle.
eSequels is a great source to use when you're an avid reader of book series! Tired of trying to figure out what comes next in that mystery series you’ve been reading?
Login to eSequels with your West Bend library card number to get started.
- Is current and complete so you can find the newest title by your favorite author or spot a title that you may have missed
- Lists the most popular series so you can discover a new author or rediscover an enjoyable series of years past
- Indexes character, location, and subject as well as author and title so you can identify a series that you may recall only vaguely
- Lists the novels in the correct reading sequence so you can begin at the beginning rather than blunder into the middle of act III
Gale Courses provides more than 365, six-week long online programs taught by college instructors who are experts in their field.Instruction is available anytime, anywhere, and through a variety of devices—perfect for busy lifestyles and different learning styles. Gale Courses is well-suited for people who want a self-paced learning environment and engagement with fellow students and their instructor. Lessons are assigned twice a week and often feature text, video, interactive games, and images. New courses begin each month. Gale Courses offers programs like:
- courses to support business professionals, including business law, human resources, management, manufacturing and marketing
- computer and technology courses that suit skill levels from beginner to advanced
- courses in parenting, the arts and hobbies
- a number of health and wellness courses
- select courses offer continuing education credits
Gale Legal Forms is a resource for patrons to navigate common legal procedures through access to thousands of authentic, professional legal documents — and it is the only electronic reference to offer legal forms that are state-specific to Wisconsin. Official, federal, business, personal, litigation, real estate and general forms are available which cover hundreds of legal subject areas.
Find ancestors and relatives in the complete set of US Federal Cenus Records 1790-1930. Also, find information on people and places described in over 25,000 family and local histories. HeritageQuest Online Barcode Authentication
Access all the LearningExpress Library’s collections of web-based test preparation tools and skill-building materials:
- Includes full-text ebooks, courses, and tutorials
- Access all 8 LearningExpress Library learning centers
- Includes test preparation for the GED® and U.S. citizenship tests
- Skill building materials cover subjects like math, reading, writing, and public speaking
Get trusted data and analysis on thousands of mutual funds, stocks, and exchange-traded funds through Morningstar Investment Research Center. This informative online resource is accessible from home or in the library! You will need your library card to access it from home. Click here to access the database from home.
Pronunciator offers the opportunity to learn a language FREE through your library! Pronunciator offers 80 languages and all you need is your library card.
Small Engine Repair Reference Center:
Need information on repairing your outdoor power equipment, motorcycle, or ATV? This reference database provides detailed yet user-friendly repair guides for all manner of small engines. All of the content is organized in a powerful, easy-to-use manner so that you (the user) can quickly find the information you need.
Think books are awesome? Think we are awesome? Donate today to keep the party going!