With a library card...
Library cards are FREE and you can get books, movies, music, and more!
- use Library computers to do homework or play games - you just need a library card, your PIN, and parental permission
- access ebooks, eaudiobooks, and streaming video with Overdrive
- learn a new language with Pronunciator
- read digital magazines for free on RB Digital
- with a parent’s permission, make something awesome in the Digital Creation Lab
No library card? No problem.
You can still...
- read books, comics and graphic novels without checking them out
- use the free wi-fi
- charge your phone or other device in the YA Zone
- come to library programs and events
- use a study room on the second floor to work on group projects, homework, forensics, etc.
There are many ways for teens to get volunteer hours at the West Bend Library.
During the school year...
We need help with various things while school is in session. It takes a lot of help to keep the library organized! Help sort and shelve library materials, prepare crafts, hunt for missing books, and more. Pop in once a week, once a month, or whenever works for you. We can also use help with Family Nights, Lego Club, and other recurring programs if that's more your style. To become a school year volunteer, please fill out this application and return it to Hannah.
During the summer...
We need even more help in the summer! With events almost every day (sometimes multiple events per day), plus summer reading, we always need all hands on deck. This is where teen volunteers come in. On top of the school year stuff, we also need help staffing our events and the reading booth - signing kids up for summer reading, handing out prizes, etc. Information about summer volunteering is typically posted in March each year, so stay tuned!
Become a Super Awesome Library Teen! Want to get involved? Have ideas for library improvement? Want to add some pizzazz to your resume or college application? The Super Awesome Library Teens - SALT for short - meet once a month to discuss how to make the library a better place for teens and preteens. We also play games, do crafts, and eat snacks. SALT meets on Thursday at 4:30 p.m., typically the same week as The Page Is Loading. SALT is members only. If you are interested in checking out SALT, contact Hannah at the library. Applications are available here, and should be returned to Hannah when completed.
Think books are awesome? Think we are awesome? Donate today to keep the party going!