With a library card...
Library cards are FREE and you can get books, movies, music, and more!
- use Library computers to do homework or play games - you just need a library card, your PIN, and parental permission
- access ebooks, eaudiobooks, and streaming video with Overdrive
- learn a new language with Pronunciator
- read digital magazines for free on RB Digital
- with a parent’s permission, make something awesome in the Digital Creation Lab
No library card? No problem.
You can still...
- read books, comics and graphic novels without checking them out
- use the free wi-fi
- charge your phone or other device in the YA Zone
- come to library programs and events
- use a study room on the second floor to work on group projects, homework, forensics, etc.
There are many ways for teens to get volunteer hours at the West Bend Library.
During the summer...
We are no longer accepting applications for summer 2019 volunteers. Thank you to all who applied! The volunteer schedule goes live the last week of May, and the Summer Reading Program begins Thursday, June 6. If you would still like to volunteer, please understand opportunities may be limited. Click here to view the teen summer volunteer application. To learn more about what is expected of teen volunteers, click here for the teen volunteer manual. Contact Hannah at email@example.com with any questions.
During the school year...
We need help with various things while school is in session. It takes a lot of help to keep the library organized! Help sort and shelve library materials, prepare crafts, hunt for missing books, and more. Pop in once a week, once a month, or whenever works for you. We can also use help with Family Nights, Lego Club, and other recurring programs if that's more your style. The school year volunteer application will return in August.
Become a Super Awesome Library Teen! Want to get involved? Have ideas for library improvement? Want to add some pizzazz to your resume or college application? The Super Awesome Library Teens - SALT for short - meet once a month to discuss how to make the library a better place for teens and preteens. We also play games, do crafts, and eat snacks. SALT meets on Thursday at 4:30 p.m., typically the same week as The Page Is Loading. SALT is members only. If you are interested in checking out SALT, contact Hannah at the library. Applications are available here, and should be returned to Hannah when completed.
Think books are awesome? Think we are awesome? Donate today to keep the party going!